Monday, September 11, 2006

Why

Why You Haven't Heard from Me Lately, In a Nutshell:

  • in May, the Mortgage job fell through, and I was out of cash and out of rent credits (I earn a month's rent for every one of my landlord's other units that I rent out to other over-paying, "pink-cheeked ((his term))" tenants)
  • in June, a day after my birthday, the LoveofMyLife emailed me saying, "I don't even like you anymore. Good-bye."
  • all through June I temped for a bunch of Corporate-Level Indians in the Park Ave office of Dell Financial, logging in the minimum payment checks that desperate middle- and lower-class Americans sent in via certified mail in order to prevent having their accounts go into collections
  • in July, I finally landed a job I can live with, so I started it -- and I'm only just now hitting my 60th day. 30 days to go and I'm hard to fire...
  • on July 31st, a slimy law firm from Long Island siezed my checking account, demanding $1,600 for a credit card I defaulted on three years ago in order to make my move to NY a reality

In other words, I've been in crisis mode. Level Red on a bad day, Level Orange on a good one.

Hey, if a guy can't use a 9/11 metaphor -- no matter how lame -- on 9/11, then just when can he?

Don't lose faith. Lose patience, maybe, but I beg of you, please don't lose faith.

Cheers,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU! And I THINK I can cross my fingers for 30 days...

-the little kitten in the western woods (currently being chased by the schoolbeast)

Rezzini said...

Well.... it's been 30 days now....are you still employed?

Hope so if that's what you want. Hope not if it's what you don't.

I have no room to talk as I have lost all sense of what blogging is and have about 10 entries on the computer that I have never txfrd to the blog.....

Don't even get me started...maybe I'll get inspired and post one.

Best of all to you!